8/22/08

wardrobe taming a la gala

Well, today is just beautiful. The weather is lovely. It's such a shame that I don't have any windows in my office. Actually, the bigger shame is that I'm actually in my office at 3:30 on a Friday. My family is already down the shore, but I didn't take today off because I only have 4 vacation days left for the whole year... I know, I know feel sorry for me, right?

It seems as if the inspiration for quite a few of my recent posts has come from Miss Gala. Read her blog, if you're not doing so already. Anyway, I was reading through her archives awhile ago and I came across the 8 day 'Wardrobe Taming' series. At first when I read it, I thought it seemed like a lot of work to put into organizing your clothes. But with fall coming up, it seems like the perfect time to thoroughly go through my wardrobe. By figuring out what I already have, what I need and don't need, I think I will be more efficient in my fall shopping sprees.

Read her day one entry here. She instructs you to divide your entire wardrobe into two piles: 'Things I Wear' and 'Things I Don't Wear'. That should be pretty simple. I know I'm going to have a ton of stuff in the 'Things I Don't Wear' pile. I mean, I have a ton of clothes, but I feel like I usually wear the same things over and over. You're allowed to put the 'Things You Wear' back into your closet. Then you have to try to figure out why you don't wear the things in the other pile. Gala suggests making more piles, like 'Things that need to be hemmed/taken in/let out', 'Things I have no idea what to wear them with', or 'Things I don't have the confidence to wear'.

That's it for Day One. I'm hitting up the shore tonight (after some laundry and maybe a run) so I won't get to Day One until probably Sunday night, but I'll try to take pics along the way. I'm excited for a nice organized simplified wardrobe, with plenty of room for new fall clothes. (Oh, and I guess I might have to do this with shoes too. I wear approx 4% of my shoe collection....) So if your wardrobe needs an overhaul, do the 8 day challenge with me and let me know how it goes!

Hope everyone has a peaceful weekend!

Peace and sunny days,

TheFashionHead

No comments: